Hello everyone! It's Saturday morning (well, Friday night) and that can only mean one thing -- a new Stamping 411 Sketch and Challenge from the Operators! It's hard to believe that we started this project 14 weeks ago. Stamping 411, for those of you who haven't visited there, is a special website designed with the beginning and inexperienced stamper in mind. We have weekly challenges, lot of inspiration and helps on the site, and a great group of "Operators" that want to share our love of all things stamping! We invite you to visit frequently. And if you're up for the challenge, we hope you'll make a card this week using our sketch, post it to your blog or other online site (like Splitcoaststampers), and then link it back to us using Mr. Linky. On Wednesday each week, we choose our favorites from among those submitted and sometimes we even send out prizes!
Okay, on to the card that I created for this week's sketch! I'm using some of the new items from the Holiday Mini Catalog for this (it's fabulous, by the way ... and YOU can begin ordering from it on September 1st! Let me know if you need a copy and I'll put one in the mail for you!). I'm using Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper, and the Autumn Splendor and Grateful Greetings Stamp sets. The colors are Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I also used a bit of 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon and a Ribbon Pull from the Very Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware Set.
Okay, now for the details:
- Layer One is the cardbase of Taken With Teal, cut at 8.5 x 5.5" and folded in half to form the card.
- Layer Two is Chocolate Chip, cut at 4 x 5.25"
- Layer Three is the Designer Series Paper, cut 3.75" wide. The top piece (brown leaves) was cut 4" long. The bottom piece (woodgrain) was cut about 2" long and then I tore the upper edge. Adhere both pieces of DSP to the Chocolate Chip (layer 2) with SNAIL adhesive. I cut two pieces of Ribbon, attached one end of each to the back of Layer Two and then threaded the ends through the ribbon pull. Cinch them up tight and then tie a simple over-hand knot.
- Layer Four is Taken with Teal, cut at 3" Square.
- Layer Five is Very Vanilla cut at 2.75" square. I stamped the sentiment and inked around the edges with Chocolate Chip Ink.
- I stamped the leaf image with Chocolate Chip Ink onto Taken with Teal cardstock and cut carefully around the edges. Remember when cutting out that you move your paper, not your scissors! I left a small border around the edge but if you rather, you can cut right on the line. I also inked around the edges with a little more Chocolate Chip ink and then attached the leaf to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals!
- And don't think that I ignored the inside of the card. I stamped a leaf image in the corner and again sponged around the edges on the inside layer of Very Vanilla!
Well, that's it for this week's sketch! Please visit Stamping 411 to see what the other Operators have created using this great sketch!
We can't wait to see where your creativity takes you this week!
- 116503, Autumn Splendor Stamp Set, $20.95
- 116511, Grateful Greetings Stamp Set, $36.95
- 116769, Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper, $9.95
- 111367, Chocolate Chip 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, $4.95 for 15 yards
- 112454, Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, $29.95 (200 pieces)
- 100908, Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad, $5.95
- 101650, Very Vanilla Cardstock ($7.50 for 40 sheets)
- 102128, Chocolate Chip Cardstock ($5.50 for 24 sheets)
- 101584, Taken with Teal Cardstock ($5.50 for 24 sheets)
- 101610, Stamping Sponges (set of 3 for $3.50)
- 104430, Stampin' Dimensionals ($3.95)