Can it be possible that another week has flown by and it's time again for the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge? Amazing!!!! Amazing as well is this fabulous Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper! I can't believe that I didn't really like it that much the first time I saw it. I thought it was loud, bold and busy -- goodness, what was wrong with me? I mean, look at these beautiful colors. They are truly amazing together! I've found that the trick when using bold, busy, loud patterns is to use them in moderation and in such a way that you play-up their positive attributes while toning-down the busyness. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
So, for today's sketch card, I used the big, bold Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise print from the Kaleidoscope DSP. I actually used Certainly Celery for the base of my card. While working well with the Green Galore, it does help to tone down the brightness just a bit and I wanted to use 5/8" Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon. I think the colors looks just great together. In addition, I used 1/4" Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon; 2-way Glue Pen; Dazzling Diamonds Glitter; The Modern Label Punch and Modern Label die (used with the Movers & Shapers Die); Tempting Turquoise Brads; the Kind & Caring Thoughts Stamp Set (a Level 3 Hostess Set); and a Filigree Brad (tied to the ribbon and hung like a charm).
Okay -- here's all the measurements:
- Layer One -- Card Base of Certainly Celery Cardstock is cut at 8.5 x 5.5" and folded in-half to make a card that is 4.25 x 5.5".
- Layer Two -- Tempting Turquoise cut at 5.25 x 4"
- Layer Three -- DSP -- two coordinating patterns cut at 3.75" wide and 3.5" and 1.5" tall. Wrap the ribbon around the assembled layers 2 & 3 before adhering to the Card Base. Tie a bow with 1/4" Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain and tie-on the Charm (Filigree Brad)
- Layer four -- Tempting Turquoise cut at 3.5 x 2.5"
- Layer Five -- Whisper White cut at 3.25 x 2.25". Stamp the image on the Whisper White and apply Dazzling Diamonds Glitter using a two-way glue pen. Adhere Layer Five to Layer Four with SNAIL adhesive and adhere to Card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Greeting on a scrap of Certainly Celery cardstock with Black Stazon Ink and Punch-out with the Modern Label Punch. Adhere to the matching Modern Label Die Cut. Pierce holes and insert brads.
- And don't forget the inside -- a little stamping inside guarantees an extra smile when your card is opened!
I do hope you'll visit our Stamping 411 site to see what the other Operators have created with this week's sketch! Remember, Stamping 411 is designed especially with the Beginning stamper in mind! And if you're up for a challenge, show us what you've created this week using our sketch. Just link your creation back to us using Mr. Linky! We can't wait to see what everyone creates!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I do hope you'll come back soon!