Hello everyone! Guess what? My pre-order from the Occasions Mini Catalog came so you know what I've been doing! Oh my gosh, I can't begin to describe all the wonderful new products that are waiting for you on January 5th! Beginning with this new catalog, Stampin' Up! will be offering the option for you to purchase Clear Mount Stamps. These are the quality, rubber stamps that you've come to expect from Stampin' Up! but with the option of using them with Clear Acrylic blocks. The stamps have a label that you apply to the back which not only shows the stamp image through the block (so great for positioning) but also clings to the clear acrylic. Way cool!!! And the new designs of the stamp sets are marvelous as well. I can't show you any images from the catalog, all I can say is, you won't be disappointed. There are new punches as well, with a new, easy-to-use design; new satin ribbons in a rainbow of colors; new Designer Series Papers, new Epoxy Brads and felt flowers and other embellishments! Goodness! It's all fabulous!!! You'll be seeing more preview samples from me in the days and weeks to come and my card for Stamping 411 this weekend uses the new stuff as well (goodness, it took me a long time to get back to Stamping 411, didn't it?). Enough said ... now you get to see!
My Sketch card today uses the new set, Vintage Vogue -- isn't it gorgeous? The colors are Real Red, Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Blush Blossom, along with just a little Old Olive. The Designer Series Paper is the new Sending Love Specialty paper and guess what? One side of each sheet has the glitter already applied to it -- it is simply gorgeous (have I already used that word in this post?). The ribbon is one of the new 5/8" Satin ribbons in Pretty in Pink.
Down to the nitty-gritty!
- Layer One -- Real Red cut at 5.5 x 8.5" and scored and folded in half to make your Card Base
- Layer Two -- Blush Blossom cut at 4 x 5.25"
- Layer Three -- DSP cut at 4 x 3.5" and applied on top of Layer 2. Attach the ribbon across the junction where the two papers meet.
- Layer Four -- Regal Rose cut at 2.75 x 3.5"
- Layer Five -- Very Vanilla cut at 2.5 x 3.25". I stamped the images on this layer and sponged around the edges with Regal Rose Ink. I stamped the friends image once on the layer and then stamped it again on a scrap, cutting out the "F" and attaching it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Layer Six -- inside the card is Very Vanilla cut at 4 x 5.25" and of course, some extra little stamping on the inside as well.
So there you go, a little sneak peek at some very wonderful things to come! We do hope that you'll play along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week. Just return to the group site once you've completed your card and leave us your name and link on the Mister Linky Widget. And don't forget to check out what the other Operators have been up to. You just might see some more sneak peeks!