Hello everyone! Hard to believe but another week has flown by and it's time for a new Weekend Sketch Challenge from the Stamping 411 Operators. As you can see, I turned this one on it's side for my card today. What a fun sketch ... and what a fun card I've created for you! I've used the new Garden From the Heart and Well Scripted Stamp Sets -- love them both! In addition, I've used Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Very Vanilla cardstocks, 1/2" Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon and the Scallop Trim Border and Corner Punches. Click HERE to view a tutorial on how to use these great new punches. The hat on the card is paper pieced -- stamping it first on a scrap of Very Vanilla Cardstock, cutting it out, adding some highlights and shadows with a sponge and some Soft Suede Ink and then cutting out just the ribbon that was stamped on a scrap of DSP and adhering it with SNAIL adhesive.
Here's the measurements:
- Layer One -- Bermuda Bay Cardstock, cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded in half to form the card base
- Layer two -- Soft Suede cut at 4 x 5.25". Using Soft Suede Ink, I stamped a line of hanging herbs about half-way down the card.
- Layer Three -- DSP cut at 1.5 x 5". Attach to the top part of Layer 2, leaving a thin border around the sides. Attach a length of ribbon across the "seam", folding the ends and adhering to the back. Attach layers 2 & 3 to the cardbase.
- Layer Four -- Scallop Trim frame -- begin with a piece of Bermuda Bay that is 3.25" square. Follow the directions on the tutorial linked above to make the frame.
- Layer Five -- Very Vanilla cut at 2 5/8" square. Stamp the sentiment with Black Stazon Ink. Stamp the Hat with Black Stazon Ink (you will attach the hat over the stamped image).
- Layer Six -- hat -- stamp on a scrap of Very Vanilla, cut out and add some Soft Suede Ink using sponges. Stamp again on a scrap of DSP, cut out the ribbon only and adhere to the hat. Using Old Olive and Bermuda Bay Markers. Adhere the stamp to the card using SNAIL adhesive or Stampin' Dimensionals. For a finishing touch, tie on a bow!
- Layer Seven -- the inside of the card -- very vanilla cut at 4 x 5.25" Don't forget to make it extra special by adding a little stamping on the inside.
Well, I think that will do it for now! Please remember to stop by Stamping 411 to see what the other Operators have been up to this week! And after you've created a project using today's sketch, re-visit us to leave your name the the location of your creation so that we can all see it!
Thanks so much for looking!