Pantone, the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards (yes, there really is such an organization) has declared turquoise the Color of the Year for 2010! Here's what they have to say about Turquoise. "Whether envisioned as a tranquil ocean surrounding a tropical island or a protective stone warding off evil spirits, Turquoise is a color that most people respond to positively. It is universally flattering, has appeal for men and women, and translates easily to fashion and interiors. With both warm and cool undertones, Turquoise pairs nicely with any other color in the spectrum. Turquoise adds a splash of excitement to neutrals and browns, complements reds and pinks, creates a classic maritime look with deep blues, livens up all other greens, and is especially trend-setting with yellow-greens".
Trendsetting ... that's our Tote-ally Tess in today card that I designed for the Stamping 411 Weekend Sketch Challenge. Don't you just love her style? Colors for today's card are Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise and Whisper White. I used Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper and 5/8" Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, along with some turquoise brads (Bold Brights). I paper-pieced Tess's slacks, top and hair -- stamping them on scraps of paper and then attaching them over the top of the image stamped on Whisper White. So, are you ready for the Tote-ally cool measurements?
- Layer One -- Certainly Celery cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded to make the card base
- Layer Two -- Tempting Turquoise cut at 5.25 x 4"
- Layer Three -- DSP cut at 5 x 3.75". Attach ribbon over layers two and three, folding the ends to the back and attaching with SNAIL adhesive. I used a piercing tool to make the holes through the ribbon for the brads. The faux-bow at the bottom was tied on after the rest of the card was complete.
- Layer Four -- Tempting Turquoise cut at 2.5 x 3.25"
- Layer Five -- Whisper White cut at 2.25 x 3". I stamped Tess and the sentiment from Whimsical Words using Black Stazon Ink. Tess's face, hair, top and slacks were all stamped on scraps, cut out carefully with Paper Snips, and applied to the card with SNAIL adhesive. Coloring was done with Blush Blossom, Real Red and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers.
Oh, and don't forget to check out Stamping 411 to see what the other Operators have done this week and to leave your name and link to your Sketch Challenge project. We'll be watching for you even if you decide to use something other than turquoise! Thanks for stopping by!