Hello everyone! As I write this, snow is falling outside my window ... AGAIN! I don't know about you, but I am so ready for spring! I can't do anything about the snow but I can bring spring to my stamping world and that is what I did with today's Sketch Challenge card for the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge. I just love these little dragonflies from the Asian Artistry set (a level 2 Hostess Set). They are so delicate and fragile looking and perfect to brighten your spirits on a cold winter day. As you can see, I liberally applied Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the Dragonflies, using 2-way glue. They are just beautiful in real life. I colored directly on the rubber with markers -- bashful blue and tempting turquoise and then applied the glue and glitter over the top.
Card colors are Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue and Whisper White. I used 1/4" Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, the Swirly Background Texturz Plate, and a bookplate from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware collection.
Ready for the details ...
- Layer One -- Cardbase -- Elegant Eggplant cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded in half.
- Layer Two -- Bashful Blue cut at 4 x 5.25". I sprayed it with Shimmer Mist (2 oz. rubbing alcohol and 6-8 drops of Shimmer Paint in a small misting bottle -- shake well before and during use) and then embossed it with the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I swirly texturz plate. I sponged very lightly around the edges and across the embossing with Elegant Eggplant ink. I also ran the ribbon across this layer and applied the bookplate. The sentiment (from Short & Sweet) is stamped with Elegant Eggplant Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and punched out with the Small Oval Punch.
- Layer Three -- Elegant Eggplant cut at 4.25 x 2.5"
- Layer Four -- Whisper White cut at 4 x 2.25". I applied marker directly to the rubber stamp (Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant for the plants and Bashful Blue and Tempting Turquoise for the dragonfly), "huffed" on it and then stamped. As I said before, I applied Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the Dragonflies with a 2-way glue pen.
- Layer Five (inside) -- don't forget to add a little something to the inside of the card. I just stamped the same images on one corner inside and gave that dragonfly some bling as well.
That's it for now. I do hope you'l give our Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge a try this week. We would love to see what you do with this sketch. And don't forget to go to Stamping 411 to see what the other Operators have created this week. There's always some great surprises and inspiration waiting for you there!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'l come back soon!