Hello everyone and welcome to a new Saturday Sketch Challenge from the Stamping 411 Operators!
For my card today, I am using Sunny Garden Double Sided Designer Series Paper, the Just Believe Stamp Set, 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Antique Brads, The Big Shot with the Lattice Die, Swirly Decorative Strip Die, and Square Lattice Impressions Folder. In addition, I've used Stampin' Dimensionals, the Small Oval Punch, the Extra Large Decorative Label Punch and the Owl Punch. Yes, you heard me right ... the OWL PUNCH!!!
Aren't these tulips just the cutest things! And so easy and fun to make. Here's a quick tutorial!
Punch the Owl body and the Small Oval out of your flower color.Trim off the little feet. Punch just the top part of the owl (with the ears) out of Green cardstock (I used Garden Green). Sponge the edges of the two pieces that will make up the flower.
Using SNAIL adhesive, attach the Small oval punch as shown. Tape the Green "ears" to the bottom of the flower, turn and trim even with the curve. And there you have it ... a quick, fun and easy way to fabulous flowers with a punch!
OK -- here's the Dimensions for this week's card:
- Layer One -- Peach Parfait Cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded to form a card base.
- Layer Two -- Poppy Parade Cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25". Run through the Big Shot with the Impressions Folder to emboss.
- Layer Three (DSP strips) -- cut at 3/4 x 4". Use your Grid Paper to space the strips evenly on the card.
- Layer Four -- Lattice Die Cut made of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Layer Five -- flowers and swirly leaves and stems
- Layer Six -- Sentiment stamped on Whisper White Cardstock and punched out with the Decorative Label Punch. Click HERE to learn how to make the frame around the punched shape.
- Layer Seven -- Inside of Card -- whisper White cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25". I placed another flower and swirl on the inside to dress the card up a bit!
Well, that will do it for now. You will definitely want to check out Stamping 411 to see what the other Operators have created this week -- their cards are stunning!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you visit again Soon!