Hello everyone and welcome to Inspiration in Action! It's hard to believe another week has flown by and here we are at Friday evening again and time for another Sketch Challenge from the Stamping 411 Operators!
This week's sketch is another simple one but simple is good, right? Yes, because it's enough to get you going when you are stuck and also allows for your own creative genius to show through.
Since this sketch was a fairly simple one, I decided to dress up my floral image by covering the entire thing in Versamark Ink, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and then heat-setting the entire image for a stupendous burst of shimmer and shine! If you enlarge the smaller image on the left, I think you might be able to see all the glimmer! It really is amazing in real life. Before coating it with Versamark and embossing powder, I used Stampin' Write Markers to color in the images -- Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive. Stamp the image with Black Stazon Ink to make sure it doesn't bleed. I trimmed the cardstock AFTER I embossed the entire piece of Whisper White. I used the Ticket Corner Punch to trim the corners on the Whisper White and Daffodil Delight layers and then added Self-Adhesive Basic Pearls to the corners and tiny pears to the centers of some of the flowers.
The Stamp set is Because I care. I also used the Modern Label Punch, Big Shot, Movers & Shapers Die (with the Modern Label Insert), Stampin' Dimensionals, 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon and Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper.
Ready for some measurements? Here you go ...
- Layer One -- Poppy Parade Cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded to make the Card Base
- Layer Two -- Sunny Garden DSP cut at 4 x 5.25"
- Layer Three -- Poppy Parade Cardstock cut at 3.25 x 3.5"
- Layer Four -- Daffodil Delight Cardstock cut at 3 x 3.25" -- trim corners with punch
- Layer Five -- Whisper White Cardstock cut at 2.75 x 3" -- trim corners with punch
- Layer Six -- Add Modern Label Die Cut and Punch Shape with Sentiment -- add bow
- Inside of Card -- Whisper White cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25"
I can't wait to see what you create this week using this newest sketch! We're waiting for you at Stamping 411 where you can enter a link to your completed project! And while you're there, check out the gorgeous artwork created by the rest of the Stamping 411 Operators!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll be back soon!