Hello everyone and welcome to another Saturday Sketch Challenge from the Stamping 411 Operators! As soon as I saw these two stamp sets in the new catalog -- Blissful Bird and Flowering Flourishes -- I knew they were definitely on my "must-have" list!
I love all of the flourishes in that set and know they will be well loved! And I just think this little bird is the cutest and one that can be used for all sorts of occasions and special events! I've also used the Loving Thoughts stamp set for the vertical strips.
This sketch is so much fun and offers a lot of opportunity to make it your own! My colors are Whisper White, Primrose Petals and Pink Pirouette. Other supplies used include the Big Shot and the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, the Scallop Trim Border Punch, 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon, Dimensionals, Basic Pearls and I used the 1.75" square punch to put the "v" shape in the ends of the vertical strips. Of course, I added a little extra fourish on the inside of the card to dress it up a little.
Here are some measurements to get you started:
- Layer One -- Whisper White Cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded to make the card base.
- Layer Two -- Whisper White cut at 4 x 5.25"
- Layer Three -- Primrose Petals cut at 4 x 2" -- edge the bottom by using a border punch and add ribbon across the "seam"
- Layer Four -- the strips are cut from Pink Pirouette and are .75" wide and various lengths. I stamped the words on them to use as a guide for how long they are. Arrange randomly. Add the punched bird, pearls and bow.
- Inside of Card -- Whisper White cut at 4 x 5.25"
I told you this was a fun sketch! I hope you'll try it out. For even more inspiration, check out the projects created by the other Stamping 411 Operators! I'm so glad you stopped by today and do hope you found a bit of inspiration to use in your stamping! Please come back soon!