Hello blogging friends! Have you missed me? Yes, I've been AWOL for a week or so ... have been on a trip with one of the youth groups from our church! But I'm back and with a fun, new sketch from the Stamping 411 Operators this evening!
I am head-over-heels in love with the new Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper. The colors and patterns are so beautiful and fresh! And of course, they coordinate perfectly with each other, which makes our job as stampers soooooo incredibly easy!
For this week's card, I've paired the Tweet Leaves Individual Stamp and the Trust God stamp set with the Orchard Harvest DSP. I used the Big Shot and the Autumn Accents Bigz Die to cut the maple leaf out of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Using Stampin' Write Markers (Island Indigo, More Mustard, Lucky Limeaide and Raspberry Ripple), I colored directly on the rubber and then aligned the stamp on the maple leaf die cut -- what a great effect! I sponged all the edges with a little Island Indigo ink to give it more contract and definition before attaching it to the focal square. The sentiment is stamped with Early Espresso Ink (I also used that ink to ink the edges of the two focal image mats). I modified the sketch a bit and decided to go with just a faux bow and a Designer Natural Button instead of the Scallop Circle punchie.
Other supplies used for this card include Stampin' Dimensionals, 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeaide and a bit of Island Indigo Bakers Twine for the button. Here's some measurements in case you want to recreate this card for your own ...
- Layer One -- Lucky Limeaide Cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded to make the Card Base
- Layer Two -- Island Indigo Cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25"
- Layer Three -- DSP cut at 3 x 5.25" -- attach ribbon over the "seam"
- Layer Four -- Early Espresso Cardstock cut at 1.5 x 2"
- Layer Five -- Very Vanilla Cardstock cut at 1 5/8 x 2 1/8"
- Layer Six -- Early Espresso Cardstock cut at 2.5 x 3.5"
- Layer Seven -- Very Vanilla Cardstock cut at 2 3/8 x 3 3/8" -- add faux bow and button or other embellishments as desired.
Well, my friends, I think that will do it for tonight! I hope you have plans for a wonderful and restful weekend and if those plans include some stamping time, then even better! To jump-start your MoJo, don't forget to stop by the Stamping 411 Website for more inspiration from the Operators!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll be back soon for more ideas and inspiration!