Dang, this time of year is always so difficult ... saying goodbye to stamp sets that we've come to love! Stampin' Up! recently announced the retiring lists of stamps, tools and supplies that will no longer be available after May 31st (you can see the lists below)! And although it's hard to say good-bye, it's a bittersweet sorrow because we know there will be a whole plethera of great new images, colors, supplies and surprises coming soon. In fact, very soon I will have that new catalog in my hot little hands and will be planning all kinds of wonderful sneak peeks for YOU!
With all that said, today's card uses two of the retiring Hostess Sets that have been available for this past year -- Morning Meadow and Simply Sketched. Both of these sets may find their way into my "keep" pile as I sort out my retired sets and get ready for my GIGANTIC, BIG, HUGE ONLINE Sale coming in June! We'll see ....
I decided to use a sympathy sentiment on this card although it could easily be used for any occasion. I think using only black and white makes it a very dramatic card indeed. I paired the images with the Chevron Embossing Folder and used the Ovals Thinlet Dies to create the label. A little black satin ribbon provides the perfect finishing touch for this elegant and serene card! You can see all the supplies used for this card in the thumbnails below. And, if you want to place an order, simply click on any thumbnail to go directly to my online store where you can shop 24-7!
- Layer One -- Card Base -- Black cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5, scored and folded
- Layer Two -- Whisper White Cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25 -- run through the Big Shot to emboss
- Layer Three -- Black Cardstock cut at 2.5 x 4.5" -- Attach to card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Layer Four -- Whisper White Cardstock cut at 2.25 x 4.25". Stamp the floral image with Black Stazon ink and attach to Layer Three.
- Layer Five -- die cut and emboss the label, stamp the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with the Wide Oval Punch. Add a little bow!
Well, that will do it for today! If you see anything you want in the retiring lists below, don't wait too long to order. Stamp sets will be available until the end of May but many of the retiring accessories will be sold out long before then. And once they're gone, they are gone for good! Let me know if you have any questions or need help placing your order! And thanks so much for stopping by today -- I hope I've helped to inspire you!