Hello everyone! I've got a great card for your inspiration today and I'm excited because it's a two-fer -- I'm meeting two challenges with one card! I love it when that happens. First, this is my Stamping 411 Weekend Sketch card for this week, based on Selene's great sketch. Secondly, I used the Late Night Stampers Challenge colors for this week -- Really Rust, Ruby Red and Old Olive. What great colors for fall ... which is why I decided to use one of my favorite fall sets -- Harvest Home. The sentiment is from Grateful Greetings and accessories include 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, The Eyelet Border Punch, Large Oval and Scallop Oval punches, Stampin' Dimensionals and Blender Pens. I used the Blender Pens and reinkers to do the watercoloring on the stamped image. Ink colors include Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Really Rust, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Not Quite Navy.
Ready for the details ...
- Layer One -- Really Rust cut at 5.25 x 10.5". Score and fold in the middle, making a cardbase that measures 5.25" square.
- Layer Two -- Old Olive Polka-Dot pattern from the Right Stuff Designer Series Paper, cut at 5" square
- Layer Three -- Ruby Red cut at 5 x 1" and punched with the Eyelet Border Punch. Attach to card and wrap the ribbon around it, fastening on the back of the DSP layer.
- Layer Four -- Ruby Red cut at 5 x 2" and attached about 1/3 of the way from the top of the card. I placed it so the focal stamped image could be centered.
- Layer Five -- Really Rust cut at 3.25" square
- Layer Six -- Very Vanilla cut at 3" square. Stamp the image with Black Stazon Ink (a MUST when you are watercoloring) and color in using Blender Pens and Reinkers.
- Layer Seven -- Old Olive punched with the Scallop Oval Punch
- Layer Eight -- Very Vanilla, stamped with the sentiment and punched with the Large Oval Punch. Attach to the Scallop Oval with SNAIL adhesive and adhere to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Inside of Card -- Very Vanilla cut at 5" and stamped twice with the leaf image and colored in with Blender Pens and Reinkers.
Make sure and check out the Stamping 411 Site to see the other fabulous projects that our Operators have created for your inspiration this week. And then, once you have a chance to create your own masterpiece using this sketch, be sure to go back to Stamping 411 and leave your name and link with Mister Linky.
We all want to see what you come up with this week!
Have a great weekend, everyone!