Hello everyone and Happy Saturday to you! Today I'm featuring on of the new Stamp Sets from the Holiday Mini Catalog -- Wandering Words. This was one of the sets that was a "must have" when I placed my order from the Mini. There are 3 BIG images with sentiments (these make for fabulous fast cards) -- one for Fall, one for Christmas and one for Valentine's Day (or any day when you want to send a Sweet Thoughts card). Talk about versatility! This is one of those sets that can be used all year long!
Well, the stamp that I wanted to use first was definitely the one with fall leaves. I don't know what it is about swirling leaves, but I seem to be instantly drawn to these images.
Here's my first card! Of course, you know that anytime I can use purple, I'm a happy stamper! And I'm so thrilled that the Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper has purple in it (well, Elegant Eggplant). This is the card that I created for our most recent ControlFreaks Holiday Mini SWAP. Cardstock Colors are Soft Suede (card base), Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla. The swirly leaves are colored with markers directly on the rubber stamp. I used the Scallop Edge Punch, some 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon and a few brads at the bottom for balance. And there's some sponging using Soft Suede ink around the edges!
Here's a quick card that I created using the Valentine's Stamp. I stamped the image using Black Craft Ink and then embossed with Black Embossing powder and the Heat Tool. I sponged on Real Red (on the bottom) and Regal Rose (on the top) and then mounted that layer on Basic Black. The large Regal Rose layer (layer 2) is texturized with the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plate and I added two different ribbons - Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain and 1/4" Black Gingham. This was a fun and quick card.
The final card using this set is one that I received from my Control Freaks friend, Julie Dinn,in the recent SWAP. Didn't she do a great job with this. She used the Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper, the Big Shot and the Scallop Oval Frame, and Soft Suede, Real Red and Whisper White Cardstock. She embossed the Santa Sleigh image using White Craft Ink and White Embossing Powder. Again, a little brad at the bottom helps to balance everything out and adds just a bit more texture and interest to the card.
Be on the lookout for more Control Freaks SWAP cards in the near future! There are so many fabulous ones that I can't wait to share with you. And speaking of the Control Freaks, don't forget that our next Blog Tour will be September 20th! Mark your calendars!
Have a great Saturday and Holiday weekend, everyone! I hope you find some creative time to do the things you love! Thanks for looking and blessings, Gretchen
- 116507. Wandering Words Stamp Set, $25.95
- 106995, Earth Elements Brads, $6.95 for 200
- 106957, Bold Brights Brads, $6.95 for 200
- 115668, Autumn Traditions DSP, $9.95
- 109039,1/4" Elegant Eggplant Grosgrain Ribbon, $4.95 for 15 yards
- 101610, Stamping Sponges, $3.50 for 3
- 109133, Black Embossing Powder, $4.75
- 109132, White Embossing Powder, $4.75
- 100005. Heat Tool, $29.95
- 112091, Scallop Edge Border Punch, ($15.95
- 109056,5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, $7.95 for 15 yards
- 104832, 3/8" Black Gingham Ribbon, $7.50 for 15 yards
- 116770, Christmas Cocoa Specialty DSP, $11.95
- 114521, Scallop Oval Frame Die, $19.95
- 114512, Stampin' Up! backgrounds I Texturz Plates, $11.95 for 6 patterns
- Cardstock -- $5.50 for 24 sheets -- Elegant Eggplant (105126), Soft Suede (115318), Regal Rose (105130), Real Red (102482)
- Cardstock -- $7.50 for 40 sheets -- Very Vanilla (101650), Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (102851), Sahara Sand (105328)