Hello everyone! I'm back!!! I'm so sorry that I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks. For those of you that have missed me and e-mailed to see if everything is OK, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't tell you how honored I am that you've been concerned about me. Life has taken over every waking moment in the past couple of weeks (I think most of you will understand). As a result, there hasn't been time for stamping or posting, and for that I do apologize. As with many of you, stamping is a form of therapy for me, an activity and creative outlet that I need to keep me going. When life gets so crazy that I can't stamp, I really miss it. So, all that said, I'm back and will hopefully be back from now on!
Unfortunately, one of the things I've been dealing with in the past couple of weeks are the deaths of some good friends. And so it is only appropriate that my card for the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge this week be a Sympathy card that I will be sending on to let some folks know I care. I've used the soothing colors of Marina Mist and Whisper White, with just a touch of Old Olive in the stamped image. The stamp set is "Thoughts and Prayers" and the Designer Series Paper is Beau Chateau. Sadly, this paper is retiring soon and I've just now developed an appreciate for the beautiful prints in this collection. Additional supplies and materials include: The Big Shot, The Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Folder, the Beautiful Wings Embosslet, Labels Framelets Dies, Stampin' Write Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals and Basic Pearls.
Here's some Measurements to follow if you want to recreate this card for yourself:
- Layer One -- Card Base -- Marina Mist Cardstock cut at 5.5 x 8.5", scored and folded
- Layer Two -- Whisper White cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25", embossed on the Big Shot
- Layer Three -- DSP cut at 3.25 x 4.25
- Layer Four -- DSP cut at 1.75 x 4"
- Layer Five -- Framelet Die Cut, approximately 2.75 x 3.25" -- stamp and embellish as shown
- Layer Six -- Inside of Card -- Whisper White Cardstock cut at 4 x 5.25", embellished with a 1 x 5.25" strip of DSP and some Marina Mist 1/2" Polka Dot Ribbon.
Until then, Happy Stamping!